Monday, May 27, 2013

laugh at life


I saw this beggar on a street in Vashi, Navi Mumbai, today morning. There was a five year old kid accompanying this old fellow, perhaps his grand child. I gave my bottle of cold drink to the kid, and felt blessed with the smile on the kid's face. I wanted to click the kid, but the kid refused. I felt as if his self respect didn't want him to be clicked in such a state. Then I asked the older guy, the permission to click him and he laughed.. a hearty laugh..which i captured here. His picture also inspired me to write few lines.

beggar on street clicked by jeevan sehgal
फटे पुराने चिथड़ों  में सालों का तजुर्बा लिपटा था 
खाली हाथ कुछ यूँ फैले, मजबूरी का तमाशा दिखता था 

दो वक़्त की रोटी थी नहीं,फिर भी जीने की आस कहीं थी 
लगा ठहाका जोर जोर से, न जाने दुनिया पर क्या हँसता था 

भिखारी समझता था जो जग, उन लोगों की परवाह नहीं,
अपनी ही धुन में जीने की सही राह पकड़ कर चलता था 

आज उसे देखा तो लगा दुनिया कितनी बेमानी है 
इस दौड़ में अपना सब कुछ खोकर, क्यूँ जीते जी तु मरता था 

चल जी ले अभी, चल हंस दे अभी, खुश हो ले अभी, गम कर ना अभी
है जीत उसी की जो हंस के, सब ग़मों का सामना करता था 

No comments:

Post a Comment